Re: [TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 22:20:56 +0200
Easy John.
I was only trying to point out that success is dependent on good
organization, not the radio.

As Yogi Berra once said,
"Everybody wants to be a winner... but very few people are willing to
prepare to win."

It's all about preparation.
Generally 2 years of preparation precede a 2 week expedition.

Unfortunately Ten-Tec hasn't much mind share with the boys doing the
planning.
Don't hold your breath expecting to see Eagles out there any time soon.

In a smaller, controlled environment where a handful of guys all know each
other, then several Eagles would make good sense.
But when 30 operators from several different countries come together and
meet for the first time on site, it's better to have equipment that you are
sure everybody knows.  Currently that is the K3.

Cheers John!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)