Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 17:24:42 -0500
James,

I found some of the answers to your questions at http://www.w1aex.com/fifisdr/fifisdr.html . I believe the real issue will be the audio sampling rate you select / require for the bandwidth of the SDR. I found that the audio sampling rate I used with my Flex-1500 and Virtual Audio Cables (VAC 4.11) had to be 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz in order to avoid resampling and Delayed Procedure Calls (DPCs). Keep in mind that the FLEX-1500, CWSkimmer, and other devices, document a 48000 Hz sampling rate provides a 48 kHz bandwidth although only 10 kHz may be displayed. The key is to avoid a 44100 to 48000 resampling or similar problem

I can verify that a FLEX-1500 sampling at the 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz rate, driving CWSkimmer in telnet mode will drive N1MM for contests or DXLab SpotCollector (see http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/Files/Skimmerintro.pdf)

73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M
-----Original Message----- From: K8JHR