Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 22:05:06 -0500
My choice is the Daiwa CN-801HP. I did the jumper mod that was in QST some time ago. That allows it to read SWR when in PEP mode. Otherwise in PEP mode it only indicates forward power. The peak hold feature is nice and works well.

I also found that calibrating all the ranges of 20 watts, 200 watts and 2000 watts in both AVG and PEP modes as well as the reflected ranges makes it as accurate as my Bird 43P. There are 9 calibration pots, being 3 for each power range in AVG, and 3 for each power range in PEP and three for each power range in reflected mode. Except with the Bird I have to have at least 6 slugs to cover the frequency and power values.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "K8JHR" <jrichards@k8jhr.com>