Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 23:27:27 -0400
Hmmm... Gee Bob, now I am worried... there is no needle!       ;-)

I acknowledge what Carl said about accuracy and impedance mismatch... but as nearly all my antennas present a 1:5 or better SWR and are matched as closely to 50 ohms as possible, and I use very heavy duty coax on very short runs, I figured I would not see much benefit from a lab grade instrument - besides, a lab grade meter would also be subject to the same factors as any other meter placed in the same place under the same circumstances, right?

Would I really benefit from spending more on the LP-100? That is the real question. Would it really be worth twice the cost? What would I do with the more accurate information it provides? Do I really need more than a close approximation? If so, what would it do for me?