Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 00:09:36 -0500
For me and my station in every day operation the Daiwa CN-801HP serves me well.

To add to that if you wish, a Bird 43P {clean but used late model $375} add a 250 watt HF slug {250H @ $175 new} and add 2500 watt HF slug {2500H @$255 new} is all one needs. Plus if one drops it, it doesn't break.

I agree with Carl and Jim that the LP-100 will be more accurate over much wider load impedances. But for ham use you just need to know the needle should move more forward with more power and should go to near zero with SWR value of near 1:1 and a 50 match. For ham applications an instrument with a 10% full scale accuracy is all that is needed.

From my take, put 10 watt meters in series between a transmitter and a dummy
load and you'll have 11 results. Those would yield 10 meter indications and one unknown where as the unknown value is correct.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "K8JHR" <jrichards@k8jhr.com>