Re: [TenTec] More on WRTC Results

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] More on WRTC Results
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:18:48 +0200
We had feet on the street over there running live video feeds back to
Germany daily.
It was indeed impressive, and the host did a superb job.  Respect!
Probably the best ever.
They raised the bar! - that's for sure!

One thing I can say for sure is, if the game is held in DL next time, the
beer will be better, even though Samuel Adams is not bad at all! (hi)

I have no idea what all is involved in the organization.  But that's not my
problem.  Others will look after that.
I just know I will be in the field installing antennas (till the cows come
home).  :-)
(assuming of course we get to host it)

>From the videos, I noticed a buddy of mine, Tim, K3LR was hanging out with
the German YL's all the time.
Maybe he inspired them to do so well.  They'll probably be operating from
his stn this year in CQWW ;-)

BTW, the complete DL YL team has 4 team members, not just 2.  Two of them
stayed home.  The 4 of them put on a pretty good performance over here.
Spooky!  Next thing ya know, they'll be wearing the britches!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)