Re: [TenTec] Eagle Tuner

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle Tuner
From: "John F." <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 13:15:46 -0400
I've been a little fuzzed up with computer problems - think I missed some of
the discussion. I use a center fed zepp, 130' long, fed with 450 ohm plastic covered open wire. It's fed through a big military surplus balun, big cores,
inside an sealed aluminum box outside.  4 or 5' of RG-8 out to that from a
TT 238 tuner.  It loads well on almost all bands, and seems to have a decent
signal, as shown in the recent W1AW/KY exercises.

I also have a Cushcraft Mini-beam at about 40' which isn't great, but gives
a little boost. Ten-Tec Hercules II matches up well with the Eagle, and a friend
gave me the Amp switch made by WB8VGE, which works like a charm. I can't
tell its operation from the full break-in operation with the Omni Vi+. (Which is
in Sevierville for a 20 year checkup right now.

Really enjoying the Eagle.

73,
John, K4AVX

Message: 3