Re: [TenTec] Oooo-PS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Oooo-PS
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 11:25:49 -0700
On Sat,9/20/2014 10:12 AM, Ron | K5XK wrote:
Another vote against using "The Ooops Store" (UPS Store) and Ooops shipping.
Another member of the list and I have been trying for weeks to collect
damages for packing and shipping another fine piece of TenTec gear that was
mangled upon delivery.  I think N5OP's tongue & cheek comment about them
breaking anvils may be true!

I save all the boxes and packing material (except those awful peanuts) and use them for anything I need to ship. I have far more of both than I will ever use. I would NEVER use UPS for packing or shipping, because they use those awful packing peanuts, which fly all over hell when I open the box. There should be a special place in hell for the low life who invented them.

My standard shipper is FedEx, and I mostly use ground. So far, never a problem. It's easy (and cheaper) to go online to FedEx to fill out the shipping info, print the label for the box, and drop it at a FedEx place. And, last I looked, FedEx was cheaper for home delivery!

73, Jim K9YC