Re: [TenTec] repairs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] repairs
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 00:22:39 -0400

On 10/28/2014 5:27 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
Somehow a touch screen seems out of place in a retro radio.

        Agreed.   The worst aspect is that it also has a "retro"
        appearance.  It is cheesy and simplistic, and looks like
        something we might have thought advanced in 1992.
        The display is cheesy and the box is way too big for
        being such a simple,yet modern rig.

Though there are advantages with this, there is one big disadvantage for the
SSB operators.
With single conversion, you can't have passband tuning.

        Hmmm...  I thought the drift of the thread is guys want fewer,
        not more such features.

Has anyone seen it in real life?

        YES.

        Neither I, nor my favorite Elmer, were impressed by it,
        especially considering the anticipated price tag.