Re: [TenTec] repairs

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] repairs
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 22:14:52 +0100
Perfect.  All performance questions are answered.
Thanks James.

As I suspected, it has indeed two IF's and two filters, thus Passband Tuning
works as I previously described.
Wonder why their web page speaks of single conversion?

According to Rob's performance list, the R30A has a close-in BDR3 of just
'64dB'.
For comparison, the Eagle is 90dB and the OM7 is 80dB.

The TR-30A is probably not bad for shortwave broadcast listening, but
performance wise on the ham bands, it is only 1dB better than the FT-2000
which was probably the biggest disappointment in the past 15 years.

I'm afraid that dog won't hunt.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)