Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: <n4py3@earthlink.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 14:50:09 +0100
EXCELLENT!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Carl
Moreschi
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2014 2:46 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment

Let me explain what I just built.  Now I know we can't really build from
scratch like we could in the 1950's but this is what I did to satisfy my
building urge.

I love the new direct sequence radios and my Flex 6500.  I wanted to compare
it with an Anan 100.  So I bought a Tapr Hermes board.  This board is the
same transceiver board that is in the Anan-100.  But it only transmits a
half watt and does not have an antenna switching relay.
  So I also purchased a kit that was a half watt to 5 watt amplifier.  I
then made an interface box that has an antenna relay and the 5 watt
amplifier.  I then interfaced this with a 5 watt to 100 watt amplifier.

I now have the equivalent of an Anan 100 for a total investment of $1100
instead of $2500.  I also have the fun of feeling like I built something.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com