Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 15:49:13 -0600
If all one did was contests, one style would be best.  Working DX day to
day would make some other set up preferable.  You seldom use split in
contesting, and seldom do without it these days working DX, for example.

I do like the red LED that lights up when the split button is selected.
Once you know what you are doing (nothing beats that!) it's a constant
reminded of the configuration you have selected, minimizing the opportunity
to mess up.  A spotlight would be better but that would ruin the current
draw.

Now if you ragchew on 40M  LSB, perhaps none of these features are very
important.

73 de W6OGC Jim Allen