Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 11:54:35 +0100
James,

It's an idea, as far as learning the Tmate2, but what I would gain is
something less than just using the Eagle.

The Eagle has only 7 knobs and a handful of buttons; very simple to use, and
doesn't take up much more room than the Tmate2, which has just 3 knobs and 4
buttons.  The Eagle sits directly touching the top left corner of the
keyboard, in easy reach.

But you are right, it would be a cheap way to practice using the Tmate2, and
I already have Carl's software.

The idea is to find a way to transition to a more powerful radio than the
Eagle, yet still keep it easy.
A 6300 and Tmate2 seems currently the best solution but I'm not sure if it
is adequate from a user standpoint (with an old geezer at the controls).

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)