Re: [TenTec] NB verses NR

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] NB verses NR
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:12:44 -0500
Rick

I have two of the roofing filters kits from Inrad; they are connected in
series... since I have the basic Omni VI, I only have one NARROW filter
selection on the front panel... so I have one of the roofing filters always
 in line. Narrow drops the SSB roofing filter, and selects the board with
the CW filter. It is in series with the input to the monolithic roofing
filter on the 9 MHz IF board.  My understanding is that the NB sampling is
after this filter, but I could be mistaken.

Fortunately, being in a rural area I don't have much need for noise
blankers.  I've often wondered if just buying better quality IF filters
from Inrad would reduce the need to cascade additional filters at 9 MHz to
improve the skirt selectivity.

Peter