Re: [TenTec] NB verses NR

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] NB verses NR
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:35:44 -0500
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
wrote:

> *
> I do understand that the improved skirts will cause ringing on noise
> impulses, but I am living with that problem. Hopefully one day I'll be
> able to upgrade to an Omni Plus or Orion... I'm waiting for TT to come
> up with a super radio and I am hoping the market becomes flooded with
> Orions!

A couple of comments:

The IR roofing filter uses 4-pole filters.
The basic performance of the Omni 6+ and Omni 6 are the same.  The 6+ has a
bunch of nice bells and whistles.
The Omni 6 with roofing filter is a seriously good radio.  Yes, the Orion
is a bit better and is already selling for bargain basement prices.

Barry N1EU