Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 09:44:53 -0800
On Wed,12/31/2014 9:04 AM, Barry N1EU wrote:
I generally shoot an arrow over a tree branch, trailing monofilament, that
pulls up heavier line incrementally.  Definitely inexpensive and not
serious.  Climb what?  A bungee cord does me fine.  Call me Mickey.  I've
been called far worse.

If you can get there that way, fine. Also, I can get the antenna higher with someone climbing, and especially on the higher bands, the higher the antenna, the better it works. See http://k9yc.com/VertOrHorizontal-Slides.pdf

The rope that goes over the branch is going to abrade and eventually break as the tree sways in the wind. Ask me how I know. :) A better way is to form a continuous loop of the rope that goes over the limb, tie a pulley to it, and use a rope through that pulley to support the antenna. K2RD showed me that trick when he helped me rig my first high dipoles.

73, Jim K9YC