Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Zero Beating

To: <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Zero Beating
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 17:14:15 +0200
Absolutely, Al!

Just imagine the audacity of some lid running his store-bought radio, then
telling a young lad that has built his own analog cw transceiver that he is
100 Hz off frequency!

There are still thousands of analog radios on the air.
Especially for a mode like CW which people choose to operate for the fun
factor, you can expect to find lots of analog radios.  I would expect more
consideration.

I have no idea how accurately I zero beat when running my Scout.  I'm sure I
am more accurate with my Eagle.  But you know what?  I don't care.  The
Scout is simple and fun.

What has happened to our wonderful hobby?
Who let the dogs out and the Lids in?  (hi)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)