Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 10:22:43 +0200
(Sorry Jim, but I can't resist this...)

Isn't buying a radio from the list you posted kinda like buying the last
good horse and buggy, when all your neighbors are looking to buy a horseless
carriage?  ;-)

If I had to go out 'today' and perform my best in a contest, I would go with
a K3S or even a 590SG.
But in the interest of moving "Rick" forward, as ham radio progresses, I
guess I would buy an ANAN, only because I can't afford a FLEX 6500.

If I were not too lazy to run up mountains, I certainly would buy a KX2!
That's a really sharp radio!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my Eagle stays afloat long enough until
the price for direct sampling radios comes down.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)