Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 14:34:54 -0700
On Mon,9/12/2016 1:41 PM, rick@dj0ip.de wrote:
Of course one could also purchase extern BPFs like ICE or DUNESTAR at $100 per
band.  They have 40dB or so of out of band attenuation.  Let's see . . . 9 ham
bands, OK for $900 we can fix the problem

Even the best of BPFs are unlikely to have steep enough skirts to prevent overload on 40M and 20M by broadcast stations in EU and AS.

5B4AGN's excellent 6-band TXBPF filter sets for the contesting bands can be built as a kit for less than $500. I don't recommend the ICE units.

73, Jim K9YC