Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 12:14:17 -0500
Rick,

Just curious - did you ever use any of the old analog TT rigs which had
a "Resonate" control (i.e. Triton, early Omni, etc.) there in DL land, and if
so, how did they hold up against the SW BC QRM? I'm wondering if the RF
amp/preselector subsystem from an old TT parts rig could be repurposed as an
RX preselector. (The "motive to my madness" is that the TT system appears to
be a variant of the 40M preselector schematic in the article you linked.)

73, Al