Re: [TenTec] Post to the Amps Reflector from Dishtronix

To: tentec@contesting.com, k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Post to the Amps Reflector from Dishtronix
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:33:54 -0500 (CDT)
 Ralph,

The reality is that there are people in this world today who expect or demand
things that they are not entitled to.

One of those things being warranty support for items out of warranty, or 'free'
repairs from someone who is not legally liable to provide them.  ( I could tell
you more than a few stories from the time between IT jobs that I worked at
several big box hardware stores, but I'd be digressing )

That these are a small percentage of the population (and by extension, a small
percentage of the Amateur Radio licensees) does not make them any less
annoying.  To put it bluntly.

Sadly, yes, there are people upset with Mike over things that he had nothing to
do with.  Including but not limited to warranty or even non-warranty repair
issues for items bought under previous owners of Ten Tec and/or Alpha.  They
don't care the minutiae of what he bought (or didn't buy) or when.  To them, he
is Ten Tec and/or Alpha, therefore, it's his problem.

Yes, some people have a lot of chutzpah.

To his credit, Mike appears to have a good handle on the issue.  (My response
to that person would have been shorter, blunter, and probably more than a touch
profane.)

I think the companies are in good hands right now.  And I'm looking forward to
the (re)introduction of new gear, hopefully in the very near future (and I hope
it is October as has been previously indicated, but better that it be done
right than done too soon)

73, ron w3wn