Re: [TenTec] Post to the Amps Reflector from Dishtronix

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Post to the Amps Reflector from Dishtronix
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 08:04:35 -0500
I believe it is not the same business, Wade.  I'm not privy to the details of
the various transactions where Tentec changed hands, or appeared to, but I have
spent some time in the "sausage factory" where those type deals are cooked up.
My guess is that Dishtronix acquired the assets only, including the intangible
assets, like the rights to the name and certain trademarks.  With that, and
some additional capital, the hope was to breathe some life back into the
smoking ruins and build up a viable business.  It's risky.  Markets change,
technology changes, reputations, once glorious, are brought low very quickly.
Remember how you never get a second chance to make a good first impression?

The process is a long, slow slog.  There will be many setbacks,
disappointments, many chances to mess up.  If done right, it can be rewarding.
Only time will tell.

73 Jim Allen W6OGC

Sent from my iPad