Re: [TenTec] Post to the Amps Reflector from Dishtronix

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Post to the Amps Reflector from Dishtronix
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 07:46:06 -0500
*I am also wishing nothing but the best for Ten Tec. My problems are with a
company that will not even answer their phone. Having owned several repair
shops, it is hard for me to see how it is good for any business to have
E-mail contact only. When we need parts here, or want to speak with someone
about purchasing. The old phone numbers to Ten Tec seem to have been
disconnected. How can any business think so little of their customers, that
they disconnect all the phones? Telephone numbers that have worked since
about 1969. If we were to decide to disconnect and also refuse to talk with
our customers. I don't think that we would be in business very long.
Needing to purchase a replacement hand microphone for a Ten Tec Jupiter the
other day. Not a single phone number for Ten Tec worked. We have sent an
Email. Just wondering how that is going to work out? *
*                                               73 KJ4WS*

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 7:41 PM, Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com> wrote:

> I suspected at the time of the too-good-to-be-true sales, that the company
> was being looted.  I hope the new owner can surmount the massive
> difficulties he is facing.  I would really like to buy a new Argonaut VI,
> or an updated model soon.
>
> I know that the new service shop did a great job on my Argonaut II.
>
> 73, Steve Berg WA9JML
>

> On 9/22/2016 7:29 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
>
>> Some of you guys seem to miss the reason I posted the email. It's NOT
>> that someone was unrealistic in their expectations (although that is
>> certainly true), but rather the history lesson of the downfall of Ten Tec,
>> and those "super deals" on new radios a year or two ago, and also that
>> although the new owner seems to be trying real hard, he also seems to be
>> starting from scratch.
>>
>> 73. Jim K9YC
>>
>> On Wed,9/21/2016 10:33 AM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
>>
>>> The reality is that there are people in this world today who expect or
>>> demand things that they are not entitled to.

*Living one day at a time with Jesus as my Savior. But, still having Fun.*