[TenTec] Running a Century 21 on external 12V power

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TenTec] Running a Century 21 on external 12V power
From: Josh Gibbs <gibbsjj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 19:45:07 -0700
It appears I was wrong about running the C21 on external 12V power. Several
people told me they ran C21's on 12V battery power many times, back in the
day. I also ran across this:

http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=1170

Current protection for mobile operation of Century 21 Models 570
<http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=570> or 574
<http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=574>. 5 A operating current and 6.75
A trip current. Mount in a 1/2" diameter hole. Manufactured by Airpax
Electronics.

This part is still available: T11-1-5.00A-01-10A-V

OnlineComponents.com has them for $13, but requires a $50 minimum order. *Any
other C21 owners out there who want to go in on a group buy? Would be
around $15 per unit after shipping. *Would need a minimum of 5 units to hit
the minimum order.

The places mentioned in the Ten-Tec wiki no longer carry the part.
OnlineComponents.com was the only source I could find.

-Josh WA7FPV