Re: [TenTec] Running a Century 21 on external 12V power

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Running a Century 21 on external 12V power
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 22:02:54 -0500
I am wondering about the outcome of this thread. One should NOT need to operate
the C-21 from an external supply.

The internal supply is pretty good. If it is introducing hum of the ground loop
type, why not just lift the ground (green wire). That should eliminate ground
loops.

If it doesn’t, then there must be a leaky capacitor that is bypassing the power
lines to chassis.

Gary