Re: [TenTec] Running a Century 21 on external 12V power

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Running a Century 21 on external 12V power
From: Josh Gibbs <gibbsjj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 20:30:58 -0700
OK, I tried this trick and I found 3 'tropical fish' capacitors that buzzed
like a SOB when I touched the 'probe' to the positive lead. 2 on the audio
amp board, and one on the pre-amp board.

What should I replace them with? Did Ten-Tec use these because they possess
some special property, or were they just cheap back in the '70's? Can I
replace these with some mylar polyester film caps?

-Josh