Topband: Contest Problems

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Contest Problems
From: eric at K3NA.ORG (Eric Scace K3NA)
Date: Mon Jan 27 17:44:30 2003
[...snip...]

Perhaps we need to go SPLIT, where each continent had a frequencyband
allocation. The place I best could copy weak DX was above 1850!!  The European
"clickers" were CQ-ing like mad in the 1810-1840 segment.
Perhaps somebody with statistics over the participation per area could come up
with some suggestions for how much spectrum per segment/continent ?

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO

   Continental transmitting frequency ranges are an interesting idea.  The
consequence is that fewer stations can call CQ, since no
continent's allocation will be large enough to accommodate all those who are
running at the moment.

-- Eric K3NA