Topband: Contest Problems

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Contest Problems
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed Jan 29 17:57:14 2003
> My cynical remark had more to do with the publisher level, where I suspect
> Tom's being over-optimistic.

The local optimist club, for good reason, has my picture on their dart
board.

> Manufacturers can and do punish publications
> for critical reviews.  The ham advertising market is so thin that any
> publisher has to be concerned.  If MFJ has a firm policy of not
retaliating
> for bad reviews, good for them, but I don't think you can extend that to
> the manufacturers as a group.

My post was intended to clearly and strongly convey QST does not bow to
manufacturer's pressure. Nothing more.
When QST does something right, we shouldn't give any part of the credit to
anyone but QST, let alone all of it!!!

73 Tom