[TowerTalk] 4-Square Owners & Experts...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4-Square Owners & Experts...
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 17:59:48 -0400
I did some reconfiguration on my 80M 4-square this past month and after
hooking it back up I noticed that I now have a high SWR on the bottom end
of 80M in the NE position.  Yes, high SWR to the Comtek box but only when
the NE position is selected.  All other positions have little to no SWR
across the entire band.  The NE position has 2:1 SWR at 3500Khz and 1:1 SWR
at 4Mhz.

I have checked everything out today.  The relays in the box look fine.  The
measurements at the antennas look mostly OK.  The dumped power in to the
dummy load looks normal in all positions.

I have summarized my investigation at
http://www.contesting.com/w4an/newpage13.htm

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Also any comments on my readings would be
appreciated.

73

Bill, W4AN

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)