[TowerTalk] 4-Square Owners & Experts...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4-Square Owners & Experts...
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:29:41 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-06 11:12:27 EDT, w7why@mail.coos.or.us writes:

<< pramey@bellsouthwd.com wrote:

 >      I would like to install a 4-Square system but have a question .  I
 >      live on a wooded lot.  It has a lot of scrub growth and some full
 >      sized tree's.  Can a 4-Square system be installed with out clearing
 >      too many of the tree's?  How close to the antenna can I have tree's?
 >  >>

      VE7CC has his 4 square installed in the trees and it's a killer. He
strung overhead catenary lines and then used them to pull up the wire
vertical. Then he installed a couple of elevated radials per element. That's
it. The affect of the trees on the 80M system seems negligible.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC