[TowerTalk] Vatican to cut broadcasts over ecological fight

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vatican to cut broadcasts over ecological fight
From: fabio.mantovani@inwind.it (Fabio Mantovani, IZ4AFW)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:52:41 +0200
At 21.44 09/04/01 -0400, you wrote:
>You say there are also toxic and radioactive wastes near the
>location. Are you making a joke, or is that true?
No Tom, it's not a joke, it's true. Near Radio Vaticana antennas there are
radioactive wastes for 7000 cube meters. They are coming from ENEA (which
is National Agency for Alternative Energy), and for what I know it's a
storage site. Don't know how safe it is (it is a piece of news by Radio
Vaticana itself). Moreover, RV says that near it there are some Navy
installations.
Anyway, RV announced today that it will shut down its emission on 1530kHz
from Monday 16th (just after Easter)....

Ciao,
    Fabio
    IZ4AFW

  Effugere nemo id potest, quod futurum est. (Publilio Siro)

--
EMail                   fabio.mantovani@inwind.it
                         dat0297@iperbole.bologna.it

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,