[TowerTalk] Quad Question(s)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Question(s)
From: d@peak.org (4)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 20:33:06 -0700
Hello fellow antennaites,

This summer's antenna project is to erect my first HF beam.  It will be
a 5-band (10-20M), 2-element quad.  I bought used the spreaders (used to
be a cubex mark2), boom, and spiders.  But all the elements were
removed.

My question:  do I need to use copperweld (what gauge?) or is something
like 12-14ga stranded oK?  My part of the country does not get snow or
ice, but it can get a bit windy.

also: any other quad construction advice is very welcome. e.g.: I
already have been told the best method to single coax feed is with a
remote coax switch and use 75 ohm stubs...

thanks
      73
          paUl

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,