[TowerTalk] Adjustable lanyard

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Adjustable lanyard
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 17:38:05 -0400
At 05:16 PM 8/6/01 -0400, Bill Coleman wrote:
>I climb using a full harness, with a fall arrest lanyard clipped in at
>all times. When I'm moving the fall arrest, I have a short 3' lanyard
>clipped to the tower as well. The positioning lanyard isn't attached
>until I'm near the top of the tower. Yea, it is slow, but it is safe.
>
>A positioning lanyard won't help you much in a fall. It is handy to have
>so you can rest.

FWIW, I use a full harness with a fall-arrest lanyard attached in mid-back.
 As my second connection (so one is always in place), I use my positioning
lanyard attached to one D-ring.  It is fixed length, but I have found that
only a limited PITA.  If I need to lean further back, I just run the
positioning lanyard through the tower and around only one leg.  If I need
to work at mast level, I use several turns around the mast to take up the
slack.

Anyhow, it works for me, without needing an extra lanyard on the tower.

73, Pete N4ZR

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----