[TowerTalk] Force12

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force12
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: 4 Oct 2001 07:23:35 -0700
IMO, it's reasonable to specify the overall "system"
SWR.  And since the cable, after all, cannot be zero
length, they have to pick something. A length of 100
feet seems completely realistic.

Many folks have no idea that SWR as seen at the TX
goes down as your cable losses (length) goes up.  Many
more believe that SWR is the holy grail of antenna
performance.  Are they all being hoodwinked in this
case? I don't think so.  (I'd vote "yes" if there were a 50-ohm resistor at the
antenna's feedpoint!)

Mike N2MG