[TowerTalk] Modeling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Modeling
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 21:15:31 +0000

Robert Shohet wrote:

> Simple - when I was rebuilding my station last Summer/Fall from >devastating
> multiple lightning hits, I spent several WEEKS >modeling my antennas over my
> terrain with all possible wave angle >combinations on 10, 15, 20 & 40 meters
> for EU, JA and Oceania.

When my antennas blew down in our last storm,  I just stuck the
10 meter antenna on top of the 20 meter to see what would
happen.  How about that, it worked.  No modeling, no guess work,
no scratching my head.  Just stuck the antenna there and it
worked.  If I would have modeled it, probably would have told me
it won't work.  Think I'll just leave it there.
Tom W7WHY

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----