[TowerTalk] Modeling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Modeling
From: kq2m@mags.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:02:30 -0500
Hi Dave,

This is an instance where an understanding of "real-life" situations is
important, as well as realistic expectations.

I would expect two antennas 6' apart to have interaction even if the model
says otherwise.
Having made that very generalized (and sometimes inaccurate) statement,
tribanders are even more complicated than monobanders and therefore can be
expected to have far more complex interaction issues.

I suggest to anyone to ask about issues like that on this reflector BEFORE
actually putting up the antennas.  Of course many people are not aware of
this reflector and/or don't subscribe to it, but that's a different story.

No one should entirely rely on a model for the same reasons that no one
should entirely rely on their experience either.

73

Bob KQ2M