[TowerTalk] Modeling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Modeling
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:22:28 -0500
Please don't rely entirely on modeling when designing and installing an
antenna.  Remember its just a tool to see if an antenna works in theory.
Unless you can build real world interactions into the model or schema then
its not an end all.   I got an excellent model for a W2PV
3 el 12 meter beam but putting it up 6 feet below my KT34XA really went
askew.   The 12 meter beam went to 25.9Mhz and both the 10 and 15 meter
portions of the VA went haywire.

73 Dave K4JRB

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----