[Towertalk] rotating T2X from 2 locations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] rotating T2X from 2 locations
From: VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (VE6JY Don Moman)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 05:47:50 -0000
While it *might* work (i.e. not go up in smoke) there are 3 concerns:

1: the accuracy of the readout would suffer as you are drawing twice as much
current to move the two meter movements. But likely "good enough" for HF.

2: the motor capacitors would be in parallel, causing the motor current to
be higher than it should be.

3 the brake voltage from the powered unit would appear across the brake
winding transformer in the other unit, diverting some of the energy away
from doing its job on the brake solenoid. If it takes too much away you
won't get the brake to release, and if you have a long run of cable already,
you'll likely have problems.

I would use a relay activated by the brake voltage to disconnect the
transformer secondary in the other box.  I would remove one cap. I'd likely
try to leave both meters in parallel and just recalibrate.

This would result in a completely automatic system with no operator
knowledge of the system or intervention needed.

73 Don
VE6JY