[Towertalk] rotating T2X from 2 locations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] rotating T2X from 2 locations
From: k4ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:35:47 -0500
Having done just this thing 25 years ago back in central Ohio,
it works just fine.  I went to the manuals to refresh my memory
and here's how I did it ...

1) simply parallel wires 1,2,3,5,6,7,8
    (this keeps only one capacitor in the
     circuit - if you haven't already moved
     the capacitor to the tower)
2) open the case of the "slave" controller and
    remove the fuse (F1) ... I think mine were
    in "clips" on the back of the meter board
    (F2 is the main fuse on the rear panel).

    Pulling the fuse will prevent two meter
    voltage supplies from running at the same
    time ...

Some other notes ...
1) "Recalibration" of the meters is minor ...
2) having the brake transformer, etc. of the
   other controller in parallel actually allows
   the brake LED on the "opposite" controller
   to light when the antenna is being turned
3) If one wanted to be fancy, I would use a
   3PST relay slaved to the antenna switching
   matrix to open wires 2,5, and 6 at the
   "inactive" position to prevent the antenna
   from being moved accidentally ("wrong rotor
   syndrome") ... a DPST relay on 2 & 5 also
   works and leaves the brake LED active

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK (ex W8IK, AD8I)