[TowerTalk] re dumb question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re dumb question
From: kce@chartermi.net (kce)
Date: Fri Apr 11 17:46:08 2003
Thanks guys for all the suggestions, I liked the shim idea short of that I
was going to add material via a welder. Several suggested changing the mast
and I know I was not totally clear as to what I am using. I am using a 1.75
in sch 80 pipe with a insert of 1.25 inches of some tempered stuff a fellow
at the local air base gave me. Not sure exactly what it is but he said the
military was using a similar type of mast to support large log antennas.
anyway I am only extending 11 feet above the thrust bearing and the antenna
I am worried about is on the bottom of the stack just above the bearing
plate.. The one thing I did make sure of was that the mast through the
thrust bearing is centered with the rotator.
73 ken w8ob