Re: [TowerTalk] 8 pin rotor quick disconnects

To: Jerry Keller <k3bz@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 8 pin rotor quick disconnects
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:05:24 -0400
is this planned obsolesence (did I spell that right)

The weakest length when torque hits the mast is the one that will give...if you pin at the rotor I guess you had better hope the boom to mast connection slips under high winds otherwise you'll get a bucket of gears and bolts for a rotor!

K4OJ

Jerry Keller wrote:
OK, so my elbow-poking comes back into my own ribs... ow!
Instead of kidding around, I should have taken the time to read further in
the manual for the Yaesu G-800DXA rotator I'm in the process of installing.
In the illustration on page 11, it very clearly shows a long 9mm bolt
(supplied) going through the mast clamps AND through the mast.
Oh, well, live and learn. :-)  Jerry K3BZ

----- Original Message ----- From: <K7LXC@aol.com>