Re: [TowerTalk] 8 pin rotor quick disconnects

To: wrt@dslextreme.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 8 pin rotor quick disconnects
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:36:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/03 8:18:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wrt@dslextreme.com writes:

> Their solution, of course, was to use Loctite threadlocker, and my
>  experience is that it does work.  I'm retired from the avionics
>  business and when something had to stay tight absolutely, Loctite was
>  mandatory.  At least in our applications, I've never know it to fail.

    Yep, I've put Loctite on M2 Orion mast clamp bolts but that didn't
prevent the mast from slipping eventually. That's why I'm convinced that the
aforementioned problem is bolt stretch - something even a gallon of Loctite
won't
fix.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC