Re: [TowerTalk] Refurbishing Tower Sections

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Refurbishing Tower Sections
From: Bill Cotter <n4alg@qx.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:06:06 -0400
Doug,

I just had North American Galvanizers in Louisville run my 100ft of Rohn-45 (30yrs old) through the four dip tanks and the hot-dip galvanizing tank. It looks like a new tower. The did the whole tower, plates, torque arms, etc for $195 - 800lbs or so. The price is based on weight, so you can take all your pieces in a truck, they clean them to bare metal and re-plate them to the original finish.

Compared to the time/effort I spent on cleaning, rust removal, painting, etc the 80ft Rohn-25, this process was a gift.

Check the internet for the closest galvanizer.

73 bill n4alg