RE: [TowerTalk] Refurbishing Tower Sections

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Refurbishing Tower Sections
From: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:47:00 -0400
On the prompting of several posts, I contacted the two nearest galvanizers
that I could find: Tampa and Jacksonville. Tampa wants $0.69/# to strip the
existing zinc and regalvanize. Jacksonville wants $0.31/# for the same thing
($0.05/# for the striping and $0.26/# for galvanizing). This will be about
$35/10' section.

The chemical striping process removes any rust, so I don't have to do any
surface prep. The cost will be more than regalvanizing it myself with cold
galvanizing paint, but the amount of labor, especially for prep, will be
very little.

I've got to find a source for angle (hopefully cheap!) to use as horizontals
so that I can get them cut and drilled before I take everything to be
galvanized.

Now to remove the millions of nuts and bolts to break the AB-105 down...

Doug
K4DDR