[TowerTalk] RFI resolution

To: "TowerTalk Discussion Group (E-mail)" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RFI resolution
From: "David Cook" <davec@netdave.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:49:27 -0700
This may be a bit off topic for the TT group, my apologies if so. Please let
me know where the most appropriate forum for this question would be.

I've got a problem with RFI'ing one of my neighbors. Everyone else in my
neighborhood has been very cooperative and I've been able to resolve the
problems with all them. But one neighbor has a bad RFI problem when I point
my beam to Australia, which is directly towards her house. I've asked her to
give me a call when it would be convenient to do some testing to try to
determine the problem, but she won't call me back. It's only when I do a
test CQ when the band is in that she immediately calls me and starts
complaining about the RFI on her sub-woofer.

I suspect that I can solve the problem easily with filtering or simple
toroids on the sub-woofer cables, but she a) doesn't want me to come in her
house and mess with her gear, and b) won't even call me back to talk about
it when we might have time during the day to work out our problems.

Has anyone had any difficulties in dealing with this kind of a situation?
What should I do?

Thanks for any advice, and 73,
-- Dave, WAØTTN