Re: [allowed] Re: [TowerTalk] Ground radials

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Didier Juges" <didier@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [allowed] Re: [TowerTalk] Ground radials
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:11:33 -0800
But, what's the capacitance between the soil and the wire, through the
insulation.  If it's enameled wire, the capacitance will be quite large, and
the impedance quite low. You've got lots of surface area, too...

The soil impedance will probably dominate over the interface
resistance/impedance. (probably is the operative word here... I'm too lazy
to run the calculation just now..)