RE: [TowerTalk] Rohn Torque Bar confusion

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Rohn Torque Bar confusion
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 22:09:34 -0500
Excellent explanation!

There was no intention on my part to refute that normal 3-point guying will
not resist twisting.

For guyed towers where twist must be reduced to near zero, then one must
employ the 6 guy arm system, period.  For ham radio, I would think this is
necessary only for those using their tower to mount a microwave dish.  I am
thinking the comments about single torque arms doing nothing at all had to
be referring to this low twist requirement.

Keith