Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Torque Bar confusion

To: <kk9a@arrl.net>, "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Torque Bar confusion
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 00:15:28 -0700
Offhand I don't know the value of the modulus for a typical
EHS guy wire, but just imagine for a minute how hard you
would have to pull on a guy wire that is already tensioned to
600 lbs in order to get it to yield an additional 0.13 inches.
Also consider that the difference between .008% and .006%
is 33%, or in other words  adding the 12" torque arms to the
Rohn 55 increased the resistance to torsional rotation by a
factor of 1/3. That's nothing to sneeze at.