[TowerTalk] Gotham Antennas

To: TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gotham Antennas
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 06:59:26 -0800 (PST)

  Back in the days when men were men and ham radio operators were kids, there
was a company that sold verticles-Gotham.  I've alway wondered what the deal
with the Gotham antenna was all about.  All I had to go on was old QST's from
the 50's and since I had no money in the 60's I could never afford a commercial
antenna.

  I've been pondering building a verticle using parts from the hardware store
that could be used on 80 meters.  Like using a loading coil at the base of the
antenna.  I am sure that this has been done before, but as I was thinking about
it....the Gotham antenna company came to mind.

  Is this what they did with their 80 meter verticle...use some sort of loading
coil?

  Lee -K0WA
  "Liberal Arts Major pretending to be an RF Engineer"

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some and use it.  If you can't find any common
sense, ask for help from somebody who has some common sense.