Re: [TowerTalk] remote antenna switch

To: merlin-7@sc.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote antenna switch
From: N0OEL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:03:00 EST
I think that he best bang for the buck for an antenna switch is the RCS-8V
Ameritron 5 position switch which uses a control box on 110 and sends a low
voltage current up a remote line to the switch point on your  tower.    It is
cheap (about $139) and works  well.    I use two of them and have for  years!

 I use regular light weight rotor control  cable.   The switch grounds the
antennas not in use when you select a  particular switch.

The wireless Ameritron is just more lossey and I dont recommend it unless
you can't run a cable.

Good luck!

-Mike
K0BUD